This is a list of Shield devices that are available in the game (you can add more Shield types to the category by using the Template:Shield).
Astral Shields protect the ship from incoming fire by absorbing most of the damage (certain attacks will always pass through the shields and hit the hull or devices). Choosing the right shields for a ship can be tricky, since different shields are designed for different situations:
- shields with higher power are usually more useful when the group is trying to avoid prolonged combat (for example, trying to sneak in and out of an allod), in which case the crew expects the shields to soak enough damage without the need to repair. Such shields have a very long cooldown and high energy consumption, that make their use very risky during a long fight with a tough opponent.
- shields with lower power and fast recovery rate are more efficient when fighting difficult enemies that take some time to kill, since they generate more power in the same time period. Such shields constantly require repairs, but they can protect the hull more reliably in certain situations. They have rather short cooldowns and low energy consumption, so they can be repaired more often without overloading the reactor.
Players generally place high-power shields in front and rear of the ship. Various combinations are used for port and starboard.
Shields can be found as loot in Chromium sectors.
- Weight: weight of the device (affects the speed of the ship)
- Power: the amount of damage that can be absorbed by the shield (if the shield power drops to zero, it will no longer absorb damage)
- Recovery Rate: the number of seconds it takes to restore the shield to full power, after using the Start Astral Shield Repairs feature
- Charge: cooldown of the Start Astral Shield Repairs feature (1000 equals to 1 second)
- Energy Consumption: the amount of reactor energy consumed by using the Shield Repairs feature
- PpS/EpS: the amount of power/energy, that the shield can produce/consume per second if it's constantly repaired as soon as the cooldown resets (for those who might be curious about shield efficiency).
- Start Astral Shield Repairs: restores the shield to full power after taking damage from an enemy.
|Up-to-date Astral Shield I||5||1500||10||30000||400||37||10|
|Up-to-date Massive I||7.5||1900||5||30000||670||54||19|
|Up-to-date Pulsating I||6.6||2000||15||45000||480||33||8|
|Up-to-date Shimmering I||3.75||1200||3||20000||200||52||8|
|Up-to-date Glittering I||8.63||2500||5||30000||770||71||22|
|Up-to-date Rare Massive I||7.65||2650||15||45000||550||44||9|
|Up-to-date Rare Shimmering I||5.75||2000||10||30000||460||50||11|
|Up-to-date Resilient I||4.3||1600||3||20000||240||69||10|
|Up-to-date Epic Shimmering I||4.96||2100||3||20000||270||91||11|
|Up-to-date Epic I||6.60||2600||10||30000||520||65||13|
|Up-to-date Epic Massive I||9.92||3300||5||30000||880||94||25|
|Up-to-date Shining I||8.79||3500||15||45000||640||58||10|
|Up-to-date Glittering II||11.48||3325||5||30000||1024.1||95||29|
|Up-to-date Massive II||9.97||2527||5||30000||891.10||72||25|
|Up-to-date Shimmering II||4.99||1596||3||20000||266||69||11|
|Up-to-date Pulsating II||8.78||2660||15||45000||638.4||44||10|
|Up-to-date Rare Massive II||10.17||3524||15||45000||731.5||58||12|
|Up-to-date Resilient II||1.5||2128||3||20000||319.2||92||13|
|Up-to-date Glittering III||15.27||4422||5||30000||1362||126||38|
|Up-to-date Massive III||13.27||3360||5||30000||1185.16||96||33|
|Up-to-date Resilient III||2.0||2830||3||20000||425.5||123||18|
|Up-to-date Shimmering III||6.63||2122||3||20000||353.78||92||15|
|Up-to-date Rare Massive III||4687||15||45000||972.9||78||16|
|Up-to-date Rare Shimmering III||10.17||3537||10||30000||813.7||88||20|
|Up-to-date Shining III||6191||15||45000||1132.1||103||18|
|Up-to-date Epic Shimmering III||3714||3||20000||477.6||161||20|
Pages in category "Shields"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.