Hey, I wanted to know how you managed to add the background image to the main page?
Thanks, Alexae 16:00, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
Background again :/ Edit
Hey, I've managed to get the coding for the background, though I don't know where to put it? I've tried using the Theme Designer but that's not really helping :/
Any other ideas? Alexae 12:00, July 19, 2011 (UTC)
Map template Edit
Hi:) Thank you very much for the map template, it looks nice and very useful (however, haven't you considered making it compatible with coordinates from addons? or is it not possible? Just asking, have no idea how these things work:D). I've tried it today and have one question - would it be possible to have pins of different colors? I have Astral gemstones in mind - they are in three colors - green, blue and purple. Thanks in advance, sorry to bother you with trifles:) --Keaira 12:45, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
Monster page Edit
Hi. I just want to say - great work with the new crown monsters page, it looks really nice:) Thank you.--Keaira 06:54, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Glad you like it :)--Icecream Kitten Talk 08:53, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
Item template - rune slots Edit
Here I am bothering again:) The item template would need some updating - few patches ago the rune slots in items have been removed completely and it is little bit confusing to have the slots here on wiki. It is stupid to ask for that simple things, but I can't do it myself (actually can try it, but it is your work and I don't want to damage anything:)). Thanks. --Keaira 11:36, September 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I removed it :) I'm going to improve the template anyway, I'm just not sure yet what needs to be done for something I plan to do with it. --Icecream Kitten Talk 15:35, September 6, 2011 (UTC)
Kurakka page Edit
Hey m8, thank's for formatting the Kurakka page, it's the first edit I made on the Allods wikia so I didn't know how to do that ;-) ~Kristijan Z. (Kikibombon) 08:03, March 2, 2012 (UTC)
- No worries, the important thing is posting useful information :) I'm always available if you need help with the code or formatting. --Icecream Kitten Talk 20:36, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
Connection problem Edit
Hi. So I started to play Allods from 5 days, but I want a new server like tensses and nazeb. But the pronlem is that I don't know how to connnect with them. Please tell me. Thank you.
- It looks like the servers are offline, I can't connect to them either. --Icecream Kitten Talk 17:30, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
Tag Commands Edit
Heya, I'm trying to figure out how to make some of the pages more 'dynamic' by basically changing the information provided on the page via links. Example:
<a href="http://allods.wikia.com" target="test">Test</a>
<a href="about:blank" target="test">Blank</a>
<iframe name="test" src="about:blank">
The anchor is parsed out by the Wiki, and so I was wondering if there's another command set that allows for the same functionality. I'm looking at making this the 'solution' to alternate boss information.--Demonkin Esther
- It's possible to make that work, though you need admin rights to do it on a wiki. There's also the option of collapsible information, if we really must have everything on one page.
- Actually, we can even use tabs like on Crown mobs page. --Icecream Kitten Talk 12:35, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Do we have an admin anymore? I want to import the .js stuff onto the wiki, but doing stuff like that requires admin rights (tried to on both the common.js and a just-made .js location, neither worked).--Demonkin Esther
- We already have that collapsible code imported:
|Hide/Show should come up right there -->|
|This text should be hidden by default (it might flash open while loading)|
- It seems you are not using the correct syntax on your test page.--Icecream Kitten Talk 03:46, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I believe you are overthinking this a little, as there is nothing about it that is important to deal with. As I explained, you are trying to find a solution to something that isn't a problem, but a design choice.
- The devs were lazy and copy-pasted an area four times? Simplest documentation: treat each boss version as a unique monster. No need for complicated scripts or convoluted walls of text.
- I prefer to let you do whatever edits you like, so that you have enough room to be creative. Still, some of the changes you are apparently making are pretty big and sudden (apart from bosses, another thing that I'm not sure what to make of is placing detailed information about Astral Sectors on the Areas and Locations page while we already have an entire section dedicated to the Astral).
- Do you really want to redesign everything, instead of focusing on adding content? --Icecream Kitten Talk 16:26, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
- One of the issues that I'd saw with the front page and locations page was that there wasn't any mention of instances. Not realizing that there was a page with that information in it, I set about to create a spot where people COULD access it. After being informed of this by yourself and Keaira, I've deleted out the sections and added a link to the Dungeons section on the locations page.
- I'm all for being lazy and not recreating work that's already been done, I just get gung-ho about stuff sometimes and forget to check if it exists already :P Also, I'm not a big 'format person', I'm more of a data-monkey and just want someplace to offload said data. If you guys have multiple pages for the different mob variations, that's fine with me...it just sounded inefficient at the time. Seeing as how it may be even more of a pain to include flashy changes on a mouse-click, I'm seeing the wisdom of having multiple pages. Keep up the good work :D
- Demonkin Esther link 10:46, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
(unindent) A link to dungeons would indeed be useful on the main page, I'm going to add it.
I can understand how this structure might not be very obvious. By starting this conversation, I was merely pointing out that it wasn't a random decision, and that the edits you were making were changing it (on most wikis it is expected to discuss things before making major changes).
It's not that changing it is a bad idea, it's that the alternatives will not necessarily improve the quality of the articles, especially when the main reason to do so is to avoid some copy pasting. :) --Icecream Kitten Talk 09:58, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
Tythesly Here again from Project WAM Edit
Im thinking we still might possibly work on Allods wikia. Is it possible to be giving admin privilages so that I can help you take care of spam pages and vandals. Like I could delete spam pages like http://allods.wikia.com/wiki/Quest:The_Battle_on_the_Bridge
I am currently an admin on Farmville Wikia and Dragonica Wikia. I can update this site with some media wiki changes too.
Tythesly - May Your Graphics Stay Sharp And Your Computer Never BSOD!!! (talk) 02:36, May 28, 2013 (UTC)
- I don't participate in that kind of decisions anymore, you'll need to go through adoption.
- The only reason I haven't removed my own rights is in case something critical happens that I can't ignore. You may need to mention it for the "Admins have been inactive for 60 days or more" rule.
- --Icecream Kitten Talk 07:49, May 28, 2013 (UTC)
Grrr... they wont let me adopt the wikia...
Hi. I'm sorry but in order to adopt the wiki you need to have actively edited content there for at least a week and have added one new page. All of your edits were to talk pages. Please start working on the wiki regularly (every day or two) and will check back again. -- Wendy (talk) 01:32, June 7, 2013 (UTC)
My gaming group isnt going to work on the wikia for a while unfortunatly... but I wanted admin so that I can prepare it for our arrival.... Tythesly - May Your Graphics Stay Sharp And Your Computer Never BSOD!!! (talk) 02:57, June 7, 2013 (UTC)